Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My holdings In Hban.......How's it doing?

I bought stocks for the first time in about 4 years on 01/28/2010. I didn't buy this company just because Jim Cramer told me to on Mad money (At the time I didn't even know he was pushing the stock so much on his Show.) I bought it because I did the research on the company. I believed that Hban would post a profit or at least better then expected results (And they DID). So far since Hban has been in my portfolio it has gained 30.24% as of 10:17Am EST on 04/28/2010. If you have followed Hban is the past few weeks you would know that last week was a BIG week for the stock. My portfolio gained 36.53% at Fridays close. Then on Monday and Tuesday I lost 6.29% But I expect to make that back then some through out the year as this company is posed to make a full year profit.

That being said if you have read my past post you would know that I fully believe if you are investing in stocks using a IRA You should sell your shares if you reach 25% gain on the stock. Don't be greedy / pig. I have a Roth IRA I'm only stock piling cash in to because I just opened it. But other then a Roth IRA I have a regular Investment account I call it my Investment Portfolio. I take a lot more risk when investing with this portfolio only because I choose to. This is money that if I wanted to I could talk all of my profits out with out getting hit with the 10% penalty But I would get hit with either a 35% or 15% tax depending if I was a year under or over on a investment..

No comments: